Over the past few years, your subscribers’ lives have changed for good. As a result, your job is no longer to provide straightforward broadband services. Instead, you must meet the complex and diverse needs of different types of subscribers. You now serve gamers who want incredible bandwidth. You’ve got remote workers demanding seamless Zoom calls. You’ve got parents needing to monitor their kids online. You’ve got entrepreneurs starting businesses from home … and the list goes on. And all of them are relying on you to help them manage this complexity.
Your Knowledge About Subscribers Is Your Superpower
It’s therefore time to move beyond speeds and feeds and embrace new, managed services that anticipate subscribers’ desires—and exceed their expectations. As a marketing guy, I firmly believe that it’s you, the marketers, who are uniquely positioned to oversee this change. Why? You are deeply knowledgeable about your subscribers. This makes you the expert advisor on which services are best for them. Thanks to Calix Marketing Cloud (Marketing Cloud), you know which connected devices they use and the applications they run. You also understand their lifestyle patterns and behaviors. Your knowledge is power. You’re now in a powerful position to motivate your general manager to transform your value proposition and meet the changing needs of your subscribers.
At the same time, change is hard. It brings disruption and risk. But if you are willing to challenge the status quo, you can tap incredible opportunity for growth. Are you ready to drive transformational change across your business and champion new types of services—such as Arlo Secure or ProtectIQ™ home network security—with confidence?
Here are two examples of how marketing leaders within innovative Calix customers are putting marketing at the center of their strategies to transform their business:
- Home Telecom ran a multi-channel campaign to drive upgrades to their 1 Gbps service—specifically targeting the work-from-home demographic. The results were outstanding: upgrades were up 314 percent and marketing acquisition costs fell from $80 to $17. Best of all, the CEO became a believer in the power of Marketing Cloud, radically transforming the way Home Telecom approaches marketing.
- Norvado transformed their value proposition by moving to a fully managed Wi-Fi service to generate higher average revenue per user (ARPU) and reduce operational costs (OPEX). Just 12 months after launching Apex Managed WIFI, they grew subscribers by 80 percent while increasing margins by 400 percent. This transformation required alignment across the entire company—and the Norvado marketing team led the change.
Marketers Are the New Change Agents Within BSPs
As I’ve said before, great marketing enables you to differentiate your offerings, grow revenue, and attract and keep subscribers. Here are three ways that Calix helps you create a new value proposition for your organization.
- You get an amazing insights engine to help you better understand what your subscribers need. Marketing Cloud is the only out-of-the-box marketing solution that uses contextual, behavioral data specific to the broadband industry. It’s like employing your own army of data scientists so even the smallest teams can execute world-class marketing.
- You get powerful integrations with world-class marketing platforms. Through integrations with tools like Facebook and Mailchimp, omni-channel marketing campaigns can be executed at the push of a button. Now every BSP marketing team can easily get incredible ROI on marketing campaigns.
- You get sticky turnkey services to sell so you can grow your brand and your business. Partnering with Calix, you’ve got great services to sell. We’ve got ProtectIQ for network security, Arlo Secure for managed home and small business security, ExperienceIQ™ for parental controls, the Revenue EDGE Small Business Solution—and the list just keeps growing.
The question is, will you choose to be the change agent?
Read on to see how big trends like cybercrime are driving demand for home network security and how, as a BSP marketer, you have an opportunity to meet those needs. By adding ProtectIQ to your portfolio, you become a defender of subscribers’ personal data and are selling peace of mind. A great example of a shift in value proposition that’s worth exploring.