AXOS E9-2 Intelligent Access System
The revolutionary AXOS® E9-2 delivers unconstrained scale and bandwidth for providers to converge mobile, business and residential service networks
Building a successful broadband network to grow your business
The revolutionary E9-2 Intelligent Access System is designed to deliver unconstrained scale and bandwidth enabling service providers to converge mobile, business and residential services networks.
Calix E9-2: Bring scale, resiliency, and efficiency to your network
- Distributed OLTs
- Integrated OLT
E9-2 with the distributed OLTs and DSLAM
Simplify your network by bringing L3 functionality to your distributed Layer 2 access network.
- Aggregation Services Manager
- Centralized Subscriber Management
- MPLS LSR/LER
- Access Edge Routing
- Simplify network operations
- Reduce TCO
E9-2 with the integrated OLT
Simplify your network by consolidating service routing, subscriber management, aggregation, and integrated access networks.
- Control Card
- Distributed Subscriber Mgmt.
- Simplified subscriber services
- Common Services provisioning
- Bring intelligence closer to the subscriber edge
- Reduce TCO
Awards and recognition
Industry awards and recognition
Excellence in FTTx Systems
Lightwave Innovation Review panel selects Calix Intelligent Access E9-2 for achieving excellence in technical features and performance.
Benefits and Features
Aggregate the access network with the E9-2 Intelligent Access System
Gain the benefits of an intelligent network.
Reduce network total cost of ownership and time-to-market.
Automate and simplify subscriber and service workflows business.
E9-2 technical specifications
System Aggregation and Control Cards
Uplink Ports/Aggregation Ports
Datasheet (login required)
2 QSFP-28 (40G/100G), 8 SFP+ (1G, 10G), 2 SFP (1G)
4 Interconnect Interfaces 400G -> 4*100G
32 x 1G / 10G SFP+ ports, 4 x 40G/100G/200G QSFP-DD ports
- Scalable to support 16 very high-density PON line cards when using the CLX3001 Control card
- Aggregate existing Layer 2 access networks utilizing the ASM3001 Aggregation Services Manager
- Flexible backplane enables system growth without replacement
- GPON, XGS-PON, NG-PON2 scaling from 16 to 256 Ports in a single managed system
- Full non-blocking, redundant uplink options
AXOS Module Supported
- RPm, ARm, SMm on either the CLX3001 or ASM3001
- Consolidate the functions of subscriber management, aggregation, edge routing w/ MPLS and OLT based on the modules chose
Modularity extends beyond hardware
The modularity of the system extends beyond hardware. Powered by AXOS, the E9-2 Intelligent Access System delivers on the promise of Software Defined Access. The fast, always-on, and simple network provides a stateful system that allows incremental enhancements or feature additions.
AXOS componentized nature ensures the E9-2 is ideally suited for virtualized functions in a complex network environment. The E9-2 with AXOS can accelerate network transformation by seamlessly coexisting with virtualized architectures, ultimately driving operational complexity and cost out of networks.
Fast. Always On. Simple
With AXOS, back office integration has never been easier. Use AXOS Sandbox to build a virtual edge-to-edge Software Defined Access network that speeds OSS integration and software certification with dramatic economic results.
News and insights
Routing at the Network Edge
As networks continue to grow, operators face a variety of architectural challenges leveraging the best of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking.
Learn how service providers are taking advantage of techniques including Layer 2 VPNs and MPLS, VRRP, and ECMP to move network routing closer to the subscriber edge.
Related products and services
Additional ways to accelerate success
Discover unlimited ways to deliver on the changing needs and behaviors of subscribers of your subscribers, whether it’s in the home, small businesses, MDUs, or other organizations throughout your community.
- Professional Services
- Unlimited Subscriber
- Network Innovation OS
- Services Management Connectors
- Diagnostics Toolbox
- Integration and Testing Sandbox
- Software Modules
- Calix Cloud
- GigaSpire BLAST Systems