Leading the way to a better future
Our sustainability promise to you
We are committed to a sustainable business future for Calix, our customers and the communities they serve, through products, services and business practices that are environmentally, socially and financially responsible.
Sustainability news and insights from Calix
A sustainable business future begins with us
- Technology innovation
- Culture and social impact
- Sustainable supply chain
- Sustainable enterprise
- Sustainable partnership
Building the most efficient network isn’t just about reducing the management and maintenance efforts required to operate the network. It’s also about reducing the total footprint—space, power and cooling resources required.
Calix BSPs are deploying green broadband networks with:
73% greener network architecture using Intelligent Access
50% greener access networks using Intelligent Access
50% greener per home using Unlimited Subscriber
We are committed to creating a positive impact by leveraging our resources, expertise, and network to address pressing societal challenges. We believe by working together we can be a change agent that transforms communities for the better.
We will achieve this by promoting community outreach, diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and a positive work culture.
To pave the way toward a more sustainable future, we’re creating transparency throughout our supply network. Through our people, planet, and partners we will:
- Provide leadership in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) compliance to achieve the highest standards.
- Gain insights into opportunities to be more sustainable and lead suppliers to participate and improve through continuous ESG assessments.
- Grow the sustainability culture through continuous employee training and awareness campaigns.
Our commitments to reduction of greenhouse gases and improvements in Calix employees’ quality of life include:
- Employees gain greater quality of life with greater flexibility and less time commuting, resulting in less carbon emission.
- Ergonomic, energy-efficient provided by Calix includes home office furniture, IT equipment, including high quality monitors and monitors arms, and laptops requiring less power than desktop machines.
- Data centers are designed efficiently, including moving more systems off-premises and to the cloud allows for less energy consumption and removal of less efficient legacy systems.
- The environmental impact of office space leased is lessened by our work-from-anywhere culture and commitment to LEED building design standards.
To help our customers build their value in the communities they serve, we serve as a predictable, reliable partner who treats their data with the utmost care. We understand that our customers have a choice in who to partner with, which is why we have built business models to ensure that we grow value and success together.
To us, being customer-focused means being sustainability-focused
We believe serving our customers with sustainable products and practices can help further their own environmental, social and financial commitments
We believe that a positive workplace culture is a force for strong sustainability practices, within Calix's and our customers' communities
We believe that our green technological innovation and responsible corporate practices make for a more sustainable tomorrow
While helping our customers build green broadband networks, we’re also doing our own part
We have consolidated all of our labs into one, enabling our workforce to access essential equipment—from anywhere.
This has enabled us to:
- Eliminate one office building
- Reduce the footprint of four other office buildings
- Reduce power consumption of our facilities by 3 million Kilowatts of power per year or 52% of our previous usage
- Eliminate the impacts of commutes on our environment
Milestones of progress
Awards and recognition
Based on employee rankings, Calix is the #1 place to work in Silicon Valley in 2023. This ranking—up 10 points from 2022—underscores the success of a seven-year commitment to the work-from-anywhere movement.
Best Community Impact Award
Fiber Broadband Association’s award highlights organizations who “Deliver a Superior Subscriber Experience in a Rapidly Changing Environment” proof of concept (PoC). With $1 billion invested over 11 years into the industry’s leading end-to-end platforms, Calix enables BSPs to layer value-added subscriber services on top of their managed Wi-Fi offerings.
Forbes Top 50 America’s Best Mid-Sized Companies
Forbes screens 1,000+ companies using data from FactSet to compile its annual list of America’s Best Mid-Sized Companies. Calix achieved the Top 50 ranking of this prestigious list with its award-winning innovation and customer success focus.
Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
Calix ranked #11. With overwhelmingly positive employee feedback, further emphasizing the role of Calix culture in attracting and retaining the world’s top tech talent to drive success.