The past few weeks have most certainly been uncertain as things seem to change on a daily, if not hourly, basis. Unsurprisingly, service providers have stepped up to provide some stability and consistency, ensuring that their subscribers are taken care of. Many have been focusing on keeping current subscribers connected, adjusting their plans to fit their new needs, and quickly connecting those that need it.
We’ve seen numerous industry organizations provide helpful information for service providers to help them communicate about their response to COVID-19 in their communities. In particular, a couple of our Go-To-Market Partners have created wonderful resource kits, which include helpful tips, letters, and videos that service providers can easily use.
We’ve also seen service providers add links to their COVID-19 response directly on the home page of their website to ensure that subscribers can easily find the information they need. Check out a few of these great examples:
At last count, more than 550 companies and associations have signed the Keep Americans Connected pledge. But we’ve seen countless examples of companies going above and beyond this pledge with offers for:
- Free temporary upgrades for all subscribers which ensures everyone has enough bandwidth and reduces trouble calls for those who may have needed more
- Proactive and targeted outreach on upgrade offers for those subscribers who are demonstrating the need for more bandwidth to ensure they maintain a great connected experience
- Creative self-installs for new subscribers so technicians do not need to enter the home
- Proactive outreach to businesses to determine what needs they may have to enable their employees to work from home
- Coordination with schools to support students and teachers who need Internet service quickly
- Free Managed Wi-Fi introductory offer to ensure that subscribers’ in-home experience doesn’t cause frustration and all devices are securely connected with the latest Wi-Fi technology
Please know that Calix is also here to help. Visit our Special Edition of the Beacon for helpful resources. Our Calix Community (login required) is always available if you need to ask questions of Calix or get information from other service providers on what is working best. And if you missed our webinar this week on serving subscribers working from home, you can check out the replay on demand.
Just as you are taking care of your communities, we are here to help you. Let us know what we can do.