The number of networked devices in the home is set to explode. Per the 2017 Cisco VNI report, the average number of devices and connections is predicted to reach 13.2 per capita in the United States, while the number is predicted to reach 27.1 billion globally by 2021. And, given that Wi-Fi traffic is predicted to represent 53 percent of total global Internet traffic by 2021, this implies increasing demands on the in-home Wi-Fi network. While this a great opportunity for service providers to layer on new revenue-generating managed services, it also raises the need to equip support teams with the right tools to support the continued strain on Wi-Fi coverage and performance.
Are you ready for these changes? Are your CSRs equipped with the right solutions to support the connected home? The market is inundated with management tools, but are they right for you? To help with your decision-making, let’s take look at what an ideal support solution should include.
- Comprehensive View: The solution should provide a holistic view of the subscriber and their environment. The information should minimally include account information, services purchased, gateways, devices, broadband, and Wi-Fi connectivity status.
- Automated Root-Cause Analysis and Remediation: Leveraging data-driven analytics, automated root-cause analysis, and remediation will eliminate guesswork and enable CSRs to quickly diagnose and troubleshoot seemingly complex Wi-Fi troubles.
- Harness the Power of the Cloud: To truly meet the needs and expectations of the consumer in the connected home, you should be able to tap into historical and real-time data. This is only possible with a cloud-based solution.
- Optimize Support KPIs: Pick a solution that demonstrates an ability to reduce call handling times, the number of escalations, increase first call resolutions, eliminate truck rolls, and optimize any other KPIs you track.
- Demonstrable ROI: Finally, ensure your solution delivers a quick and ongoing ROI. Payback should be delivered in a few months.
Want to see a tool that delivers in these five areas? Watch this introductory video or learn more at Calix Support Cloud.