For many parts of the world back to school may look a little different this year. Families will be juggling traditional classrooms, online, and hybrid models depending on many factors. School may happen more around the kitchen table than in a traditional setting, at least starting out. Understandably, this can be a significant cause of stress and anxiety for your subscribers.
How can you help?
True to your nature, the first question you likely think of is: Can we do anything to help? The answer is yes. In addition to the things you are likely already doing or considering—like community Wi-Fi hotspots and home connections for students and teachers—there is another tool that can make parenting during these tumultuous times a little easier.
What does the research say?
We conducted research with Moor Insights to find out what parents and grandparents were most concerned about as children are spending more time online between school, play, and entertainment and the results were likely as you might expect.
Top concerns about online experiences for children/grandchildren included the following:
- 61 percent—Possible exposure to inappropriate content or online predators
- 53 percent—Too much screen time
- 47 percent—Their security (vulnerability to viruses and malware)
As your subscribers head into a back-to-school model that likely looks different from years past it begs the question: How could a parental control service help parents manage time spent online?
How can parental controls help?
While parents are juggling all the complexities of shifting education models, a parental control service integrated into in the Wi-Fi network can add some safety, stability, and consistency; all while addressing some of their top concerns. Your subscribers can:
- Set content filters to ensure children have access to age appropriate content.
- Create profiles to ensure that “school time” is being spent on school devices or within specific applications (and not on gaming or their favorite applications).
- Schedule the days by setting screen time limits for specific times of day.
- Limit the amount of time that is allowed for specific applications to ensure their child’s whole day isn’t spent on TikTok, or their favorite online gaming application.
The time is now to help parents find balance.
Reach out to your subscribers and prospects today to let them know you have this amazing service that will help them enforce the online rules they’ve set for their home. What should you do?
- If you don’t already have ExperienceIQ, get it now.
- If you have ExperienceIQ, start communicating with your subscribers today to let them know how you can help them. Leverage our Revenue EDGE Market Activation content, including new social media ads (login required) to address the four scenarios above, to quickly engage with your subscribers to help them learn how to use all the features.
- Watch for part two in this blog series next week to learn more about positioning ExperienceIQ.