Are you planning to deploy 10G PON soon? The answer to that question depends on many factors unique to each service provider and even to specific networks.
- Have an aging ADSL2 network and thinking about upgrading to fiber? Starting your fiber deployment with 10G PON might make sense, skipping GPON in favor of the next generation technology.
- Have a GPON network and concerned that your PON peak-hour utilization might reach 100 percent capacity in the coming year? 10G PON is ready to handle ever-increasing subscriber bandwidth demand.
- Have subscribers asking for multi-gigabit services? You probably need 10G PON now.
Coupled with WHEN you decide to move to 10G PON, you also must decide WHICH next generation 10G PON technology is right for your network. Multi-wavelength NG-PON2 is a great way to deliver multiple services on a single PON network, monetizing your fiber two or three times over. Or maybe your residential network would be well served with a simpler 10 Gbps XGS-PON to start with and you will plan to overlay NG-PON2 later.
There are many options to consider and we want you to share your thoughts with Broadbandtrends, an independent market analysis and consulting firm specializing in next-generation telecommunications infrastructure and services. Technology Analyst Teresa Mastrangelo wants to hear from you.
Here are some notes she sent me to help entice you to participate in a short survey.
- In return for your participation, respondents will receive (via e-mail) the final full report when it is published in mid-November 2019.
- The survey should take 8-10 minutes to complete. Teresa is requesting completion by Friday, October 18, 2019.
- The purpose of this research is to understand 10G PON deployment strategies of operators worldwide. Broadbandtrends will not profile individual companies.
- This is a confidential survey. Data will be merged and averaged with the other respondents’ data and will be reported in aggregate form only. Individual respondent/company data from this survey will not be made available to outside entities.
- Fear not, Broadbandtrends does not sell or otherwise give out the contact information of survey respondents.
Thanks, and we appreciate hearing from you.