Calix 700GE and 700GX ONTs: GPON and Active Ethernet in the Same ONT
Leveraging unique Calix auto-detect optics, the Calix 700GE and 700GX ONTs are the industry's first ONTs to support GPON and Active Ethernet in a single ONT. This delivers unmatched flexibility to service providers looking to meet the broad service demands of both residential and business subscribers in their networks. Service providers no longer have to manage separate networks to deliver residential and business services, but rather match the right technology to each deployment scenario, and manage as one network.
Formerly, GPON and Active Ethernet were often seen as competing technologies, and service providers were forced to choose between them and run separate networks to support them. The Calix 700GE and 700GX ONTs allow GPON and Active Ethernet to be deployed as complementary technologies based on the application, yet managed within a single network. The result: More efficient network management and operations models, complete service flexibility, and peace of mind that no matter what the service demand, the 700GE and 700GX ONTs, once installed, can cost-effectively support it without need for a service call or truck roll.
- Service providers need to inventory only one ONT for both Active Ethernet and GPON.
- Calix auto-detect technology allows service providers to remotely provision and convert any subscriber from one technology standard to another; no expensive truck rolls or upgrades are required at the customer premises.
- Utilizing Calix standards-based Extended Reach GPON, the 700GX and 700GE ONTs can be located up to 40 km from the serving office.
- When in Active Ethernet mode, the 700GX and 700GE ONTs can be located at distances up to 60 km, enabling service to hard-to-reach customers.
- 700GE and 700GX ONTs support Calix voice activated remote ONT activation, greatly simplifying the process and cost of deploying ONTs.
- Bandwidth requirements that demand dedicated fiber access can be served using the Active Ethernet mode on the 700GE and 700GX ONTs.
- 700GE and 700GX ONTs support 1 GHz RF video.
- Both TDM voice and VOIP (SIP, H.248, MGCP) are supported, including TDM voice over Ethernet.
- The 700GE and 700GX ONTs are supported by the Calix C7, E7, B6, and E5-400 platforms, as well as all standards-based GE switches and routers (Active Ethernet / point-to-point gigabit Ethernet).
Calix 700GE ONTs are available in 11 models:
- 711GE ONT: 2 POTS and 2 GE
- 712GE ONT: 2 POTS, 2 GE, and HPNA v3.1 over coax
- 716GE ONT: 2 POTS and 4 GE
- 716GE-I ONT: 2 POTS and 4 GE indoor version
- 717GE ONT: 4 POTS and 4 GE
- 721GE ONT: 2 POTS, 2 GE, and 1 GHz RF video
- 722GE ONT: 2 POTS, 2 GE, and HPNA v3.1 over coax 1 GHz RF video
- 725GE ONT: 2 POTS, 2 GE, and 1 GHz RF video with RF return
- 726GE ONT: 2 POTS, 4 GE, and 1 GHz RF video
- 726GE-I ONT: 2 POTS, 4 GE, and 1 GHz RF video indoor version
- 727GE ONT: 4 POTS, 4 GE, and 1 GHz RF video
Calix 700GX single family ONTs are available in nine models:
- 710GX ONT: 2 POTS and 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE)
- 711GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 GE, and 1 Fast Ethernet (FE)
- 712GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 GE, and 1 HPNA v3.1 over coax
- 714GX ONT: 4 POTS, 1 GE, and 1 FE
- 720GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GE), and 1 GHz RF video
- 721GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 GE, 1 Fast Ethernet (FE), and 1 GHz RF video
- 722GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 GE, 1 HPNA v3.1 over coax, and 1 GHz RF video
- 724GX ONT: 4 POTS, 1 GE, 1 FE, and 1 GHz RF video
- 725GX ONT: 2 POTS, 1 GE, and 1 GHz RF video with RF return
More information on RF Return ONTs
More information on Calix Indoor ONTs
722GE ONT: 2 POTS, 2 GE, and 1 HPNA v3.1 over coax
716GE-I Indoor ONT: 2 POTS ports and 4GE ports
|Click to enlarge