The Calix E-Series multiservice Ethernet products provide cost-effective, flexible service delivery of advanced IP services across the entire access network and are designed to work in conjunction with existing Calix B-Series, C-Series, and P-Series solutions. From 10GE transport and aggregation to VDSL2 and point-to-point GE / Active Ethernet, Calix E-Series products deliver high capacity broadband from a scalable, small form factor footprint or a high density, high capacity multi-terabit chassis. This approach results in superior operational efficiencies without sacrificing deployment flexibility or service functionality – allowing service providers to focus on revenue generating, game changing service delivery opportunities, including:
- In-home managed services
- Business services
- Mobile backhaul services
- Opportunity expansion: fiber innovations
- Unlocking copper assets
- Broadband enabled switch collapse
The E7 Ethernet Service Access Platform (ESAP) introduces new levels of flexibility and scalability for Ethernet service delivery. The E7-20 multi-terabit chassis and the E7-2 Modular Chassis allow any mix of GPON, point-to-point GE / AE, 10GE, and GE services. The E7 leverages the first standards-based Ethernet kernel built for access – Ethernet eXtensible Architecture (EXA). Calix EXA Powered platforms are optimized for the access network, leveraging the latest generation of deployable Ethernet standards – ensuring your network is highly extensible and ready for an all-video world.
- Multiservice Ethernet simplifies IP service delivered at the access network edge.
- Environmentally hardened products have been designed for cost-effective cabinet deployment.
- VDSL2 or bonded ADSL2+ can be leveraged to maximize copper bandwidth / longevity of OSP infrastructure.
- Active Ethernet technology serves bandwidth-intensive business or residential customers.
- GPON technology delivers maximum FTTP deployment flexibility – TDM voice or VOIP, RF video or IPTV.
- A variety of powerful, flexible, high-capacity access solutions are designed for rapid deployment and fast time-to-market.
Download the Calix Unified Access portfolio brochure (PDF)